– Winner Best Experimental/Travel/Timelapse Short Los Angeles Independent Film Festival Awards
– Winner Best Nature/Travel European Cinematography Awards
– Winner Best Documentary Pickurflick Indie Festival
– Award of Recognition Hollywood International Moving Pictures Film Festival
– Official Selection Holywood International Independent Documentary Awards
– Official Selection Oniros Film Awards
– Official Selection Cefalu Film Festival
Keep Looking Up is my first personal night sky timelapse project which I began filming on May 2016 until September 2017 with a lot of effort, as my main job at that period was demanding in terms of time and I only had one or two days per month to film. So I had to plan everything in detail before even leaving home, so as to make the best use of the time I had in my disposal. I’m not perfect and some things were out of my control, for example the weather conditions, which had as a result a lot of scenes to be lost especially in the beginning. Of course I also made mistakes but I tried to enjoy the journey and the most important, I Kept Looking Up !
At this point I want to say a very BIG THANK YOU with all my heart and soul to my WIFE Catherine !
Without her nothing would be possible ! She is my whole life, she’s supporting me from the early days when I stepped into photography, and she still does with her true love ! I love you Catherine !!!
I also want to THANK Hoya, Tokina and Vixen for their continuous support throughout the project !
Special thanks to my friends Christos, Antonis, Sotiris, George, Dimitris, Panos and Thanasis for their help, support, and for joining me some nights out there in the dark ! Thanks guys !
For the music I worked with my good friend and amazing musician, Colby Sixx, better known as Dreamstate Logic. He created a strong, emotional track, entirely from scratch, envisioning what I had in my mind only by talking and viewing a simple unedited demo of the film ! His work was more than amazing, as his idea of the song was even better from the one I had in my mind and I’m so thankful to him ! Thank you very much my friend !
Another big thank you to my friend and excellent colorist Jairus Nouvel,who did an amazing job in color grading and noise reduction, working on a very tight schedule, hearing my thoughts and ideas, providing solutions and different approaches to some issues we faced while editing ! Thank you very much my friend !
– Nikon D800 (x2)
– Nikon D750
– Sony A7r mkII
– Sony A7s mkI
– Nikon 20mm F/1.8G
– Tokina Firin 20mm F/2
– Nikon 24mm F/1.8G
– Sony 28mm F/2.0
– Sigma 35mm Art F/1.4
– Canon 55mm F/1.2
– Nikon 85mm F/1.8G
– Hoya RA54 Red Enhancer filters (also know as Red Intensifier)
– Vixen Polarie Star Tracker
– Vixen Dew Heaters
– Several Manfrotto and Benro tripods with ballheads
– Syrp 3 Axis Motion Control
– Customised Intervalometers
– TP Link Router (for QDSLRDashboard)
Filmed entirely with Hoya RA54 Red Enhancer filter.