F O R E S T O F T R A N Q U I L I T Y
– Best Cinematography Award Hollywood Venus Awards
– Photography Direction Award West Side Mountains Doc Fest
– Best Editing Award Chhatrapati Shivaji International Film Festival
– Finalist Deep Focus Film Festival
– Official Selection Independent Shorts Awards
– Official Selection Indie Short Fest
– Official Selection Atlanta Docufest
– Official Selection Five Continents Int. Film Festival
– Official Selection Rome Independent Prisma Awards
– Official Selection No Words Int. Film Festival
– Official Selection Lift-Off Global Network Sessions 2020
– Official Selection International Nature Film Festival
– Official Selection Out of the Can international Film Festival
“And into the forest I go, to lose my mind and find my soul.” – John Muir
Forest of Tranquility is my 2nd personal experimental short documentary film, after the award winning timelapse documentary film “Keep Looking Up”.
The idea for this project was formed one year ago and during the preparation stage of this project, I was thinking on the filming approach and what the film should look like.
My thoughts were that we live in a fast paced world with infinite number of useful as well as not so useful information that the brain has to process daily, and as a result, it gets so easy to “disconnect” from nature, due to the routine of everyday life.
I decided to make things simpler, and just film moments inside nature where the pace remains the same from the beginning. To film sequences that showing the simplicity of nature and make the mind stop down for a moment.
Scenes like the flapping wings of a butterfly, a spider’s nest that dances with the wind or just a small ant that searches for food.
The days I spent inside the forests filming this project were truly amazing and inspiring, as also rejuvenating. It would be great if everyone could spent more time in nature.
I owe my love for nature to my wife and soul mate Catherine.
She was the one 18 years ago that reconnected me with nature, as she showed me how beautiful it can be.
Thank you my love!
You are a truly unique and gifted person!
Without you nothing would be possible!
I also want to thank my good friend and great music composer Colby, better known as Dreamstate Logic.
After our first collaboration for Keep Looking Up project, he once again managed to create the perfect music for the film, by only watching a couple of early unedited clips.
Thank you my friend!!!